1. We don't share any of your data with third parties. We don't run Advertisements.
2. You retain complete ownership and control of your data. Your contacts (mailing lists) and content (mail drafts / stories) are encrypted. We cannot read or use this data in any way. Learn more.
3. We don't store your password.
4. We do not run any analytics code on our website and do not track login and logout data, or any kind of behavioural data.
5. To delete an account, you have to contact us by emailing on [email protected] Mention in the subject "DELETE ACCOUNT <[email protected]>". A Delete Account button in the profile section will be provided in our next system update.
6. Backup mechanism - You can export content (mail drafts / stories) in .html format by clicking on Export menu. Contacts (mailing lists) can be exported in .csv format by using the Download mailing list option in Communities section. We are still building a mechanism for downloading your entire data in one go. This option will be provided in our next system update.
Terms and conditions
Our data centres
All our data is hosted in facilities at Geneva, Switzerland and Frankfurt, Germany. We use services of Exoscale, who in turn use data centres run by Equinix.
Green By Design — 100% Renewable energy through utility hydropower.
Certifications — ISO 27001, ISO 9001, PCI DSS, SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II.
Certifications — ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, PCI DSS, SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II.
ISO 50001 and ISO 14001 require an organisation to demonstrate that they have systems in place by which they are continually reducing their energy use, and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
Amazon Web Services
We use AWS in a very limited way — only for high volume email sending. The data does not rest at AWS servers, it is deleted immediately after being sent. At Wildfire, we believe in upholding the highest human rights and environmental standards. In the last 2 years we have reduced our dependence on AWS by 95%, and are committed to completely moving out by mid-2020. We understand the need to stop using AWS for their involvement in selling face recognition technology to law enforcement agencies in US and have been dissatisfied with their sustainaibility track record.
We work hard to make tools that provide greater reach and impact for what you create. As makers of technology, we understand our responsibility and are committed to ensuring that our tools are used for the right purposes.
*If you have trouble in understanding what constitutes misinformation, please use the The Baloney Detection Kit: Carl Sagan's Rules for Bullshit-Busting and Critical Thinking.
The sword of science is double-edged. Rather, its awesome power forces on all of us, including politicians, but of course especially on scientists, a new responsibility — more attention to the long-term consequences of technology, a global and transgenerational perspective, an incentive to avoid easy appeals to nationalism and chauvinism. Mistakes are becoming too expensive. — Carl Sagan, excerpt from his book The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark